It’s a way of colouring your health.
A Rainbow meal means an inclusion of 7 colourful fruits & vegetables.
Each colour has its own unique nutrients and benefits essential to good health.
Do you need a brief?
Well, here we go!
1. RED coloured fruits and vegetables
They contains Lycopene, Ellagic acid, Quercetin, Hesperidin etc. which reduces the risk of cancer, Lower Blood pressure, reduces LDL cholesterol levels & support join tissues.
2. ORANGE & YELLOW coloured are rich in Beta- carotene, zeaxanthin, flavonoids, lycopene, potassium and vitamin C. They help to protect you against cancer, cardiovascular disease & boost your immune system.
3. GREEN colored contains powerful detoxes & free radical fighters like Lutein and Zeaxanthin which keeps your eyes healthy & protect you against cancer. Normalize digestion time and boost your immune system activity.
4. The BLUE & PURPLE coloured ones are rich in antioxidants that protect your cells from damage. Reduces the risk of heart attack, stroke & cancer.
5. WHITE colour fruits & vegetables includes Anthoxanthins pigments that helps you to lower cholesterol and Blood pressure and strengthens your immune system.
So there you have it! Now you know which food colours mean what and you can start filling your plate with vibrant and nutritious meal ideas.
What are you waiting for! Do colour your meal with a rainbow