Heart disease may be a leading cause of death, but that doesn't mean you have to accept it as your fate. Although you lack the power to change some risk factors — such as family history, sex or age — there are some key heart disease prevention steps you can take to reduce your risk.
You can avoid heart problems in the future by adopting a healthy lifestyle today.
. Exercise regularly with a balanced program that includes stretching for flexibility,aerobics for endurance and weight training for strength.This can help to lower body weight,blood pressure and cholesterol and also blood sugar.exercise reduces LDL and raises HDL.Exercise makes your body,mind and heart healthy.
· Maintain your ideal body weight as closely as possible.
· Stop smoking and alcohol.
· Minimize intake of saturated animal fats.avoid hydrogenated oils that clog and stress cvs.
· Minimize intake of high calorie,low nutrient foods like baked goods,chips,boxed sugared cereals and other processed foods as well as salty snacks from chips to cured meats.
· Avoid chemical exposure as much as possible will lessen the irritation of blood vessels.
· Eat more high fibre,high nutrient,low calorie foods such as vegetables.whole grains,legumes and fruits.
· Get good quality of oil by eating nuts and seeds(ideally raw unsalted and organic)such as almonds,walnuts,sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds,plus avocados as well as omega-3 oily fishes that include salmon and sardines good with green salads.Use olive oil as your main vegetable and cooking oil.
· Nutritional suppliments to consider for protection against cvd include Vitamin-C,E,D,omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B especially B-6,12 3 and folic acid to maintain normal cholesterol metabolism and minimize homocystein levels.
· Learn to manage stress,let go of anger and frystration and communicate your feelings in a safe and non aggressive way.
· Develop close personal relationships that you count on for support.
· Avoid 6 types of’ S’ for heart diseases.