1. Dry, flaky skin or lips: Common warning sign of dehydration. It may also affects sweat gland function, such as hypothyroidism or diabetes.
2. Excess facial hair: Could be a symptom of polycystic ovary syndrome.
3. Soft, yellow spots on eyelids Patients with these cholesterol-filled lesions, may have a higher risk of heart disease.
4. Eye bags and puffiness: Tired looking eyes could be a red flag for chronic allergies.
5. Facial asymmetry: This can be one of the first signs of stroke.
6. Discolored complexion: Paleness could be a sign of anemia. A yellow tone could indicate liver disease. A bluish tint in lips or nail beds could indicate heart or lung disease.
7. Rashes and blotches: Certain digestive problems.
8. Receding chin: Could be a sign of sleep apnea.
You should worry most about a change in appearance. If symptoms are new, dial us.