Monsoon, while a really great time of year, is also rife with infection and bacteria. You need to take extra care to ensure that you enjoy the monsoon, not suffer because of it.
1. Vitamins: Boost your Vitamin C intake supplement in a natural state like fresh juices e.g. Orange juice.
2. Cut the coffee: Coffee tends to reduce the fluid count in your body, which leads to dehydration.
3. Shower if soaked: When you get back indoors after getting wet in the rain, go straight for a shower to wash off all the bacteria from your body.
4. Stay away from street food: Street food is must be avoided during the rainy season.
5. Keep it hot: Hot tea preferably ginger tea, soup and boiled milk with turmeric help your body fight infections caused by sudden temperature🤒 changes.
6. Mosquito-proof: Mosquitos carry a lot of disease causing bacteria. So use repellent creams on a regular basis during the wet spell.
7. Switch off the AC: Never enter an air conditioned room just after getting wet in the rains. It will cause colds, coughs and fevers
8. Wash before you eat: Fruits and veggies should be washed during the monsoons. Else, you risk getting diarrhea or food-poisoning.
If you check each of these precautions from the list, rest assured, the monsoons cannot do anything to you, except get you wet!